When Should I see a Periodontist?
If you value your oral, as well as, your overall health, anytime is a good time to see a periodontist for a periodontal evaluation. Sometimes the only way to detect periodontal disease is through a periodontal evaluation. A periodontal evaluation is especially important if you notice signs of periodontal disease.
Signs of periodontal disease include:
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Bleeding while brushing, flossing or eating hard foods
- Gums that are receeding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pus between your gums and teeth
- Sores in your mouth
- Persistent bad breath
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- A change in the fit of partial dentures